Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Word Count Wednesday

Word Count Goal: 2000

What am I working on?

My book mostly (I'm almost finished editing the rough draft! It almost has a coherent plot!). I've also been working on the Write Your Own Adventure Story experiment. That was really fun. And then I wrote a rant about writing at about 1 in the morning, so maybe after some editing, I'll post that. 

How do I feel about this process?

Really good. I feel like I'm writing a lot and some of it is actually good, so that's a nice change. I tend to be a perfectionist about my writing (what writer isn't?) so it's a challenge letting go enough to put words on the page. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that a bad sentence, idea, or even entire story isn't the end of the universe.
On a completely unrelated note, I think I keep switching back and forth between calling this post "Wednesday Word Count" and "Word Count Wednesday" which is only because I can remember which one it originally was supposed to be. oops, sorry if that's annoying anyone.

Total Word Count: 4661

What am I reading/experiencing right now? 

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Hamilton the Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter

No comments:

Post a Comment